Brief intro to the unit.
What do I need to do?
TASK 1: Write
TASK 2: Write
TASK 3: Write
Grading Criteria – Task 1:
Grading Criteria – Task 2:
Grading Criteria – Task 3:
RSL Unit Documentation
The learner will be able to:
- Recognise the relationship between the key elements of music and an emotional response to it.
You have been asked to listen to two contrasting, unidentified pieces of music and assess their personal response to each. You will need to compare the personal responses to those of two peers, describing the influence the following have on the response of each individual:
- initial reaction to the music
- emotional circumstance
- music background/experience
- musical preference
You will also need to illustrate differences in response and assess why the differences occur, in relation to the combination of musical elements within each piece, including where appropriate:
- Lyrical content
- Production techniques.
This unit aims to offer opportunities for the students to learn how to listen to music with sensitivity, recognising key elements and features, including mood and musical characteristics, and respond to this with theoretical analysis and understanding of how this affects different people.
Sources of Information
- Listen to a range of different songs and try to identify your feelings towards them, to try to develop your understanding of how to listen to music with opinion and thought (youtube.com is ideal for this)
- Talk with others about their musical interests and songs they enjoy listening to; this will help you to identify with others, and understand the differences in opinion, and why this may be.
Evidence will be either as a PowerPoint presentation, written document, or an audio/video interview.